CDMRP Reconstructive Transplant Research Program: Investigator-Initiated Research Award
|קרן||US Department of Defense|
|פקולטה||Engineering, Life Sciences, Medicine|
The RTR program challenges the scientific community to design innovative research that will foster new directions for, and address neglected issues in, the field of reconstructive transplantation (RT), specifically vascularized composite allotransplantation (VCA)-focused research, also known as composite tissue allotransplantation. VCA refers to the transplantation of multiple tissues such as muscle, bone, nerve, and skin, as a functional unit (e.g., a hand or face) from a deceased donor to a recipient with a severe injury.
The Investigator-Initiated Research Award is intended to support studies that have the potential to make an important contribution to reconstructive transplant research, patient care, and/or quality of life.
applicants must address one or more of the Focus Areas:
• Immune system regulation as specifically applied to VCA
• Psychosocial considerations and challenges associated with VCA
• Development of ex vivo VCA tissue preservation strategies to extend the time between procurement and transplantation, with a goal of 24 hours
• Development of pre-habilitation or rehabilitation strategies that improve reconstructive transplant functional outcomes
• Development of standardized quantitative functional outcome measures for VCA, especially for face transplant
• Graft clinical monitoring – acute and chronic, as applied to VCA
Funding: $1,000,000 ($1.5M for more than one partner)
Duration: 3 years
Research Authority due date: 12.9.17
|עדכון אחרון||עדכון אחרון: 13/08/2017|